Educational Enrichment Centre
Wildwood's mission is to provide an educational environment that is organic, child-centred, and primarily experiential.
· We encourage the empowerment of children and respect for each other, ourselves and the environment. We believe each child’s self-esteem is a top priority.
· We believe that education is a process, not a product. Skills development such as verbal communication, reading, writing, math, science, arts, etc. become means to further learning, not ends in themselves.
· We nurture and respect children’s love of learning, natural curiosity and self-motivated exploration. A child's education is best served by learning how to learn, taking joy in discovery and acquiring skills for interacting with the broader world.
· We believe that relationship is at the heart of education. Children are not just empty vessels waiting to be filled - they are intelligent, sensitive, creative beings eager to express all they are. The key to releasing this innate intelligence lies in creating a caring, supportive relationship.
· We strive to make Wildwood a place where children treat each other with kindness and respect. We believe a child is better able to learn when he or she feels safe. This is a put-down free zone!
· We believe in the importance of being culturally literate. Here children will learn about other cultures with respect for diversity.
· We stress respect and anti-bias and are careful to use culturally sensitive materials. It is important for children to learn to be part of community, and to respect all its members.
"I would just like to recommend Terry's Wildwood programs! My daughters are hooked on them (and so am I) Since being inspired by the Ancient Egypt program last year, my 10 year o..."Renee BoisvertWildwood mom
"I am impressed with how deeply learned Terry is in matters educational. She seems drawn to practice that shows respect for children and employs imaginative ways to excite their ..."Praise from a godfatherAssociate Professor of English, Retired